Well acquainted with computer programming languages and networking. Years of experience developing game software and other related applications. In depth understanding of computer graphics theory and necessary math. Very fast learner; can easily adapt to any system. Strong problem solving, documentation and writing skills. Highly motivated and works extremely well with others.
Systems – Microsoft Windows. Linux. Max OS X.
Development Software – Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, G++/GDB, Xcode, Eclipse
Languages/API’s – C/C++, SSE/AVX, DirectX 9/10/11, OpenGL, HLSL/GLSL, Python
Taylor University – (Upland, IN)
Graduating May 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Graphics with a minor in Mathematics
- Cumulative GPA 3.76
Taylor University – (Full Time)
July 2010 – Current
Assistant Computer Resource Manager
- Actively administered 160 Windows/Linux lab machines and over a dozen Red Hat Linux servers hosting services like email, user disk space, LDAP authentication, multiple databases and web servers, and more.
- Consolidated all servers to virtual machines on a VMware ESXi cluster and upgraded to Red Hat 6/Windows 2008 R2.
Pixar Animation Studios – (Internship)
June 2012 – August 2012
Software Engineering – Tools Intern
- Collaborated with a small team to design and implement a multithreaded scheduling system in Python for managing build jobs.
- Contributed features to an automated asset compilation system designed to run on the Pixar render farm.
- Worked with developers to pinpoint and fix bugs within Presto.
- Received a week of rigorous training on Pixar’s in-house animation package.
Adobe Systems – (Internship)
June 2009 – August 2009
QE Developer Intern
- Collaborated heavily with a small development team locally and remotely to design features and finalize requirements for the tool.
Adobe Systems – (Internship)
May 2008 – September 2008
Digital Imaging Intern
- Learned ActionScript 3.0, the Flex 3 SDK, and the Photoshop Express codebase in under a month and a half.
- Worked closely with manager developing a stand-alone application which demonstrated a proof-of-concept image selection feature written in ActionScript 3.0. Integrated the feature into Photoshop Express.
- Assisted in development of Photoshop Elements 7.
Project Sandbox – (3D Game Engine)
March 2012 – August 2012
- Designed and implemented an entity/component system supporting multiple components per type for complex entities.
- Integrated Bullet Physics into engine and entity component system.
- Implemented and fine-tuned player controlled, physics-based tank handling.
- Designed a fully functional, pluggable resource manager with tag-based loading from an XML file.
- Implemented a deferred lighting pipeline in DirectX 11 with FXAA, cascade shadow mapping, high dynamic range lighting, the Cook Torrance BRDF with normal mapping, and a flexible shader/material system.
- Built third-person orbiting camera system with tank turret tracking.
An Inconvenient Dream – (Short Film)
April 2012 – May 2012
- Collaborated with a small team to develop story and create story boards.
- Worked extensively in Maya 2012, animating scenes and authoring smoke, fire, and lighting effects.
- Developed cartoon inspired visual style by combining ramp shading with an ambient occlusion pass.
- Composited and edited video footage in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro.
Simple Game Framework – (2D Game Engine)
January 2011 – May 2011
- Architected engine subsystems like event management, resource loading from an compression archive file, logging and error handling, entity management, and rendering with OpenGL and C++.
- Utilized a scene graph for entity hierarchy and rendering.
- Implemented animation system which reads in and plays animation files used in the game, World of Goo.
- Integrated Box2D physics.
- Built a Tetris clone with the engine.
Multithreaded Software Rasterizer – (Research)
August 2010 – December 2011
- Designed and implemented library software layer over SDL.
- Wrote custom math library which heavily utilizes operator overloading and SSE intrinsics.
- Fully programmable pipeline, featuring vertex and pixel shaders written in C++.
- Researched and implemented half-space rasterization algorithm, utilizing SSE optimized quad-fill pixel operations.
- Integrated perspective correct texture mapping and depth buffer support.
- Threaded design utilizes screen tiling and atomic locking operations, yielding a full four times speedup on an Intel Hyper-Threaded Quad-Core I7.
Arena – (iOS Game)
- Developed fully playable multiplayer 3D space shooter in two weeks.
- Worked with the iOS SDK, OpenGL ES 1.1, and Xcode.
- Implemented dog-fight style networked gameplay with the iOS Bluetooth socket API.